Adult Learning Programs - Register Now!
Ignite Adult Learning Corporation is located in Regina and offers 3 free programs.
1. Let's Get Working
is a 12-week course for people who need help getting ready to enter the workforce for the first time or re-entering after an extended absence.
The Let's Get Working Course includes:
• Employment skills: skills that employers want, workplace communication, workplace expectations, demonstrating reliability and responsibility, where to find job postings, creating a profile for online job sites, completing online applications, interview skills and practice, and much more!
• Computer skills: writing professional emails and resumes, basic computer skills, typing, etc.
• Personal development: this class is designed to help identify strengths and interests and to teach the skills necessary to thrive in a work environment.
• One-on-one planning: to help you set and reach employment goals.
is a 25 week program for people who want to complete their GED exams and develop the skills to reach their employment and education goals.
• GED preparation: reading, writing, science, social studies, and math.
• Employment skills: job search, interview practice, workplace communication, resume writing, online applications, social media presence, etc.
• Self-Management and Recovery Training (SMART): learn about thoughts, feelings and behaviours and develop practical skills to help lead a balanced life.
• Mentorship and guidance: support from community members and staff.
• SGI driver’s training, wellness education, budgeting and finances, computer skills, typing, personal development, and more!
3. Community SMART Addiction and Recovery Meetings supports participants to build and maintain motivation, cope with urges, manage thoughts, feelings and behaviours, and live a balanced life. SMART Meetings are led by an experienced facilitator and has been shown to be very effective, especially for those who have not had success with traditional 12-step programs.
If you have any questions about these programs, contact the Director of Student Services, Neila Sinkewicz at 306-570-5527 or by emailing [email protected]
For more information, or to register, visit Ignite Adult Learning Corporation's website https://ignite.ca/programs/ You can also register by calling or texting 306-522-4493.
There is no cost to participate in any of these programs and anyone interested in participating should regiser as soon as possible!