Canada Revenue Agency (Regina Branch) Offering FREE Presentations
Attention Community Agencies/Organizations:
The Canada Revenue Agency (Regina Branch) is offering FREE presentations to the community.
- They can be delivered in-person or virtually.
- Each session typically takes approximately 1.5 hour to deliver, with time for Q/A.
- If interested, a series of presentations can also be booked.
Current presentation offerings include:
1. Adults 65+ Benefits and Credits for All - Common types of income and credits for seniors, Pension income splitting, Registered Retirement Savings Plan, OAS repayment, Payment methods, Authorizing a representative
2. Disability Tax Credit (DTC) - Eligibility, Application, Claiming the deduction, Gateway to other government programs
3. Benefits and Credits for All - Canada Child benefit, Child Disability Benefit, Disability Tax Credit, GST, Canada Workers Benefit
4. Students/Youths - What are taxes, Levels of Government, Do you need to file, How do you file
5. Scams - How to recognize a scam, examples of Fraudulent communications, How to protect yourself from Identity Theft
6. Digital Services for Individuals – My Account, Online Services for individuals, Netfile and Auto-fill my return, Express NOA (Notice of Assessment)
7. Indigenous Benefits and Credits for All - Canada Child benefit, Child Disability Benefit, Disability Tax Credit, GST, Canada Workers Benefit, Non-Taxable Income earned on Reserve
8. Newcomers Benefits and Credits for All – Canada Child benefit, Disability Tax Credit, GST Credit, Canada Workers Benefit, Residency Status, How to File
For more information or to book a session: Laverne Stevenson - CVITP and Benefits Outreach Officer, Western Region Canada Revenue Agency / Government of Canada [email protected] / Ph: 1-866-837-1531