Faster, More Efficient Pathway for Internationally Educated Nurses
Saskatchewan Is Developing a Faster, More Efficient Pathway for Internationally Educated Nurses to Join the Health-Care Workforce...
By September, Saskatchewan will be ready to implement other improvements for IENs, including:
A shorter bridging program that will build on an applicant’s existing knowledge but also provide solid grounding and orientation to the Saskatchewan health-care system, reducing the transition process from approximately one year to 14 weeks; An applicant-focused approach to support success, including:
- language training supports to ensure this foundational requirement is met through online materials and workshops;
- an expansion of options to establish language proficiency;
- employer orientation specific to the facility and location;
- access to clinical supports that will have experienced professionals available to provide support to new employees;
- settlement assistance in collaboration with community groups; and
- customized support through navigators.
For more information, visit the Gov of Sask's press release here.