Regina Fire and Protective Services is always looking for new ways to reach the community, and help to educate members about Fire Safety.
New Fire Escape Plan and 911-App Videos:
They were created in partnership with City of Regina and University of Regina.
- Fire Escape Plan: https://youtu.be/pN5qfn5uTN4 (educate children about Fire Safety and fire escape activities)
- Calling 9-1-1: https://youtu.be/PwNkZTfO_cc (how to download the app and teach children how to learn to call 911 and say their address in an emergency)
- Poster: Regina Fire Research - Leading Causes (2017)
Fire Safety Videos:
These videos and handouts were created by Regina Protective and Fire Services, in coordination with community Settlement agencies and the Newcomer Gateway (Newcomer Welcome Centre). Also included are an App for cell phones or tablets (developed in the USA), and simple safety pages available in numerous languages.
- Emergency Escape Planning Video - with script
- Emergency Escape Planning Video - French version - with script
- Careless Cooking Video - with script
- Careless Cooking Video - French version - with script
- Electric and Natural Gas Safety - with script
- Electric and Natural Gas Safety - French version - with script
Fire Safety Handouts:
- Fire Escape planning booklet - multiple languages
- Kitchen/Cooking safety booklet - multiple languages
Fire Safety Resources and Apps for Cell Phones:
Home Safety Visit App:
The Home Safety Visits App provides a series of brief videos that can be shown on smartphones and tablet computers when doing home safety visits and focuses on:
Downloading the App
IMPORTANT! If you are downloading the app, the video files are large and can take up a lot of space, so you are given the option to download only the ones you need. We also recommend that you download them when you are connected via wi-fi to avoid data charges. Click here for more detailed information on the apps, how to use them and the fire safety messages in them.
This App was developed under a FEMA Fire Prevention and Safety Grant to the Friendship Veterans Fire Engine Association and Vision 20/20 with additional languages provided by the Lincoln, Nebraska, Fire Department.