The RRLIP is Hiring! Community Liaison and Special Projects Coordinator needed.
The Regina Region Local Immigration Partnership is a community collaborative that acts as an incubator for ideas, identifying newcomer needs and mobilizing the appropriate community resources to meet those needs. The RRLIP builds on existing strengths in the community to facilitate the full participation of newcomers in Regina. The RRLIPs host agency is Regina Open Door Society Inc.
Regina welcomes newcomers, values and celebrates diversity and supports the integration of all residents.
The Regina Region Local Immigration Partnership (RRLIP) and its member organizations will educate, collaborate, and partner for the benefit of newcomers in Regina.
About the Candidate: The successful candidate for the Community Liaison and Special Projects Coordinator will hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social sciences/ community development (or related education/experience) and have extensive (5 + years) experience/knowledge in:
- community development and community capacity building strategies
- working cooperatively in a team-oriented, cross-cultural setting
- coordination and planning of multi-stakeholder events
- research, data analysis and reporting
- measurement, evaluation, and communication of project impacts
- the local context - community programs, resources, and services available for newcomer populations
- utilizing computers and technology efficiently
Role Requirements: The successful candidate will provide project support, with special attention to:
1) Community development and capacity building. Examples include building and/or maintaining community collaborations/partnerships to identify gaps and needed support; fostering relationships between stakeholders to achieve enhanced capacity to welcome, settle and integrate newcomers; attendance at community tables to provide the RRLIPs input, foster collaboration, and identify needed support, etc.
2) Research development and implementation; data analysis and reporting. An example includes the development/administration of a Newcomer Survey to determine local priorities for enhanced settlement and integration outcomes, and to support community partners in their efforts, etc.
3) Planning and coordination of multi-stakeholder events; event reporting. An example includes the planning/coordination of the RRLIPs annual community forum designed to support a specific local priority such as mental health.
4) Other position-related duties, as assigned.
See the complete description here: https://rrlip.ca/userdata/files/201/RRLIP%20is%20Hiring/Community%20Liaison%20and%20Special%20Projects%20Coordinator%20August%202021.pdf
Please Respond by Email to: Carol Brouwers; RRLIP Project Manager; [email protected]
Applicants who meet the qualifications for this full-time, term position (Sept 1st, 2021 to March 31st, 2022) are invited to apply by the closing date of August 27th/2021.
Please provide a resume stating clearly how your skills, abilities, education, and experience match the requirements for the role, along with three professional references.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted