Is Your Organization Applying to Become a Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) in 2022? Monthly Information Sessions Coming Up!
Is your organization applying to become a Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) in 2022? (See information 'What is a SAH?' below).
Join Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) for an online Information Session on 'Becoming a Sponsorship Agreement Holder' (SAH).
The RSTP will be hosting a repeated online information session in 2022 to:
- explain the key differences between a Sponsorship Agreement Holder and Community Sponsorship organizations,
- outline the eligibility requirements for organizations who wish to apply,
- review the application process to become a SAH, and explain how to be added to the mandatory training course,
- respond to any questions about how to apply to become a SAH in 2022
This recurring information session is scheduled for the following dates/times:
January 17, 2022 12:00:00 PM
February 21, 2022 10:00:00 AM
March 21, 2022 8:00:00 PM
April 18, 2022 12:00:00 PM
May 16, 2022 10:00:00 AM
June 20, 2022 8:00:00 PM
What is a Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH)?
- A Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) is an incorporated organization that has signed a sponsorship agreement with the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.
- The sponsorship agreement allows SAHs to sponsor a certain number of refugees each year for resettlement to Canada through the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) program.
- A SAH may be a local, regional or national organization. SAHs differ in their activities, size, composition and geographical mandate.
- SAHs may partner with groups or individuals to sponsor refugees under their agreements. These groups are referred to as Constituent Groups (CGs); any individuals that partner with SAHs are known as co-sponsors.
- Currently, there are more than 120 SAHs throughout Canada (excluding Quebec).
- The list of SAHs is available on IRCC’s website here.
Subscribe to RSTP’s Email List to receive the latest updates on how COVID-19 is affecting refugee sponsorship/resettlement to Canada, as well as to get the details of all RSTP's upcoming online trainings, workshops and webinars as soon as they are posted.