Newcomer News - Issue #10
The Fall 2019 RRLIP Newcomer News is now available!
Newcomer News is issued quarterly and highlights local programs, initiatives and resources relevant to newcomers in Regina. It is geared to all English learner levels and can be translated into many languages, by clicking on the Google Translate button on our website.
Some of the programs highlighted in this newsletter include:
- TIP Program - a volunteer based interpretation program coordinated by the Regina Open Door Society.
- YWCA Programs - inluding sewing group for women, self-defense classes for women and a low-cost clothing and hosehold items store.
- Parents as Teachers Program - a Regina Early Learning home visit program that supports parents who are expecting a child and/or have children up to 3 years of age.
- My Time - a free program for yougth, age 10-14, offered by the City of Regina.
- Private Refugee Sponsorship Meetings in Regina - a representative from the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program is available to meet individually with anyone interested in learning more about Private Refugee Sponsorship, as well as those who require additional support during the application process.
- Thrive Counselling Service - free, confidential, drop-in counselling available at 4 locations in Regina.
The entire newsletter can be viewed on the RRLIP website or by clicking here.
Earlier Newcomer News editions can be found on the RRLIP webiste or by clicking here.