New Restrictions for Saskatchewan Residents - to limit spread of the corona virus
New public health rules have
been announced for the provice of Saskatchewan.
These tighter restrictions are in place because the number of COVID-19
cases in the province has been
Details About The New Restrictions (as of Nov. 20th, 2020) are listed below:
- The number of people allowed to gather in private households in Saskatchewan has been reduced from from 15 to 5. This includes those who live in the home, so households of five people or more cannot have any guests. The five-person gathering limit also applies to any structures on a private property, like a shed or garage.
- The limit for indoor public gatherings and outdoor gatherings remains at 30 for now, as long as it is possible to remain two metres apart.
- You must wear a mask at any indoor public space across the entire province of Saskatchewan.
- Visits to long-term care homes are limited to compassionate reasons only.
- Limousines and party buses (serving alcohol) are not allowed to operate currently.
- Selling alcohol to customers in all bars and public eating establishments must stop at 10:00pm.
- The actual drinking of alcohol in all bars and public eating establishments must stop at 11:00pm.
- All customers visiting a bar or public eating establishment must stay seated at a table, booth, bar, or counter area, except to use the washroom or to leave the premises. *This means, no dancing, karaoke, open mic, or similar activities are permitted.
- The use of hookahs or other types of water pipes in public establishments is not allowed.
- Music and other background sounds, such as televisions, etc., must be kept at a volume low enough that customers and staff can speak at the volume of a normal conversation.
*Each of the above rules are in effect for the entire province until December 17th, 2020.
To stay informed about provincial updates, visit the Government of Saskatchewan’s COVID-19 page https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration-and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and-guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus
For more information about current public health rules in the province, visit their Public Health Order page https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/health-care-administration-and-provider-resources/treatment-procedures-and-guidelines/emerging-public-health-issues/2019-novel-coronavirus/public-health-measures/public-health-orders
Regina's Newspaper, the Leader Post also has a page that is dedicated to local news about the Corona Virust, which can be found here https://leaderpost.com/tag/coronavirus/