The New Horizons for Seniors (NHSP) Call for Proposals is coming soon!
Could your community use funding to help its seniors and Elders?
The New Horizons for Seniors (NHSP) program helps seniors and Elders stay physically and mentally stimulated, and engaged and connected within their communities by funding activities-based projects.
Do you have a project idea or activity in mind?
Is it led or inspired by seniors/Elders?
Will it benefit them?
If you answered yes, you could be eligible for up to $25,000.
One possibility – intergenerational projects and activities are a great idea. Knowledge and cultural traditions passed on from seniors and Elders to youth of today is so important.
Projects must meet at least one of the program objectives:
- Promote volunteerism among seniors and other generations
- Engage seniors in the community through the mentoring of others
- Expand awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse
- Support the social participation and inclusion of seniors
- Provide capital assistance for new and existing community projects and programs for seniors
What can you do now?
1. Start brainstorming!
2. Watch for the official NHSP Call for Proposal date announcement.
Visit the website for program information www.canada.ca/nhsp