Saskatchewan Safety Council Training Programs - still in operation
Most of Saskatchewan Safety Council's training and education programs are still available, with COVID-19
accommodations in place.
Using blended learning formats, increased physical distancing for in-person programs and the mandatory use of masks, they are maintaining the safety of all involved and provide the best training experience available.
Programs that are currently offered include:
• Defensive Driving Training - available with safety measures in place.
• Fall Protection Training - moved to online learning and now available free of charge.
• Hearing Protection - now available online and free of charge.
• Work Zone Traffic Accommodation Training - now available online.
• Motorcycle Basic Rider Training - has resumed in a new blended learning format (combining online with on-road practical training).
• Supervisor-Level Workplace Safety Training - delivered online with live instruction.
These programs are in the process of transitioning to online and will be available for participation soon:
• Respiratory Protection Training is in the late development stages and will be made available for free.
• Confined Space Training is in the mid-development stage of transition to online and will be made available for free.
• Consideration is also being given to transitioning the SkidSmart Collision Avoidance program to a blended format to increase capacity, as the demand for this program always outweighs availability.
*Descriptions and registration details for all training programs can be found on the SSC Website https://www.sasksafety.org/
SSC staff are is still available via telephone in Regina at (306) 757-3197 or by emailing: [email protected]