Organizations are Invited to Apply - to build capacity for the private sponsorship of refugees
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada has opened a call for proposals, to provide capacity building for the private sponsorship of refugees.
The Private Sponsorship of Refugees program now represents two-thirds of Canada’s annual resettled refugee admissions.
This growth has stretched the capacity of the communities in Canada that privately sponsor refugees, both in terms of the number of refugees they support, as well as the work that goes into sponsoring a refugee, from pre-arrival to post-arrival.
Via this Call for Proposals, IRCC is seeking to increase the capacity of private sponsors to successfully participate in the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program by bolstering existing pre- and post-arrival supports for sponsors and improving refugee awareness of the supports and services available to them.
IRCC has identified the following priority areas and will prioritize projects that address these specific needs:
- Mentorship and knowledge exchange platforms for sponsors, including Groups of Five;
- Rural and remote sponsorship community outreach and training;
- Strengthened Service Provider Organization (SPO)/sponsor connections and coordination;
- Promotion and development of resources related to the private sponsorship of refugees program developed and delivered in partnership with Francophone Minority Communities; and
- Research projects that can be leveraged to improve the support, training and outreach provided to sponsors and/or refugees (e.g. different learning styles, etc).
You can find more information and directions on how to apply at:
Applications need to be submitted by Feb 15th, 2021 at 3:00pm (CST)