Government of Canada’s Emergency Community Support Fund (Round 2) - Application Process Open Now!
United Way Regina is now accepting applications for the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) Round 2 to help charities and non-profit organizations serve and support vulnerable Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This funding is intended to support frontline community service organizations providing services to support vulnerable Canadians, including low-income seniors, women, children and youth, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, refugees, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and more.
It has been recognized that newcomer populations may be particularly vulnerable. Therefore, it is important that organizations providing essential support services to newcomers know about this funding opportunity.
Eligible funding organizations include any in southern Saskatchewan (with the exception of Estevan) that provide direct services to vulnerable populations who are impacted by COVID-19. Your organization is eligible to receive funding if your organization has a charitable number, or is otherwise a Qualified Donee, and is providing supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to COVID-19.
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19.
This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
• Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
• Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
• Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and person with disabilities
• Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling and peer support
• Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
• Access to safe transport for essential appointments and errands, and
More information about eligibility, the application process, answers to frequently asked questions, etc. is available here: https://www.unitedwayregina.ca/servlet/eAndar.article/451