Funding for Charities and Non-Profits to Manage and Develop Anti-Racism Initiatives
Applications for the Community Mobilization Fund (CMF) is open until January 29th, 2021.
The CMF a $300,000 investment from the Canadian Race Relations Foundation to support charities and non-profit organizations who serve vulnerable populations, as they manage and take action on anti-racism initiatives.
To be eligible, your project must align with 1 or more of the following 3 key themes:
- Systemic Barriers: Reducing barriers to inclusion by addressing systemic racism in education, healthcare, the justice system and public services, etc.
- Research and Education: promoting and increasing the availability and accessibility of data, evidence, and community insights.
- Public Awareness: highlighting systemic and institutional barriers through informing public policies that address these barriers.
The following groups and institutions are eligible for funding:
- Canadian not-for-profit organizations and associations;
- Canadian grassroots groups and organizations and;
- Community coalitions partnering with non-profit organizations;
- Business, labour, voluntary, community and other organizations.
Currently, the CRRF Board of Directors are focusing on projects that address Anti-Black, Anti-Asian, and Anti-Indigenous racism as well as systemic racism.
The application portal will close on Friday, January 29th, 2021 at 7:00 pm CST.
For further information: