Learn to Paddle Program for Newcomers - Starting July 6th
The Regina Marathon Canoe Club is offering a free program to introduce newcomers to water paddling.
Details of the program:
- a fun, safe learning environment that will build comfort and safety in a canoe (small boat that does not have a motor),
- 6 week programwith2 sessions per week,
- includes instruction on land and on the water,
- learn about water safety,
- learn basic paddling skills and paddling language (entries/exits, balance, boat control skills, strokes),
- make new friends in the paddling community,
- learn about the importance of the canoe to Canadian culture.
This program begins Monday, July 6th and will go until the end of August.
You must choose one of the following sessions:
- Session A (evenings): Mondays: 5:30 - 8:00pm and Saturdays: 3:30 - 5:00pm
- Session B (mornings): Mondays 10:00 - 11:30am and Fridays 10:00 - 11:30am
Any newcomers or organizations interested in learning more about this program, please contact the Paddling Event Programmer by emailing [email protected]
*In order to qualify for this program, you have been living in Canada less than five years.
*There is no age limit for this program and all family members can participate together.