8-1-1 Healthline Saskatchewan
Call HealthLine at 811:
- Professional health advice
- Available 24 hours
- Free of charge
- Translation in over 100 languages
What is HealthLine 811?
- A confidential, 24-hour health information and support telephone line,
- staffed by experienced and specially trained client navigators, registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses and social workers,
- free of charge,
- services offered in English, with translation available in over 100 languages.
TTY access for the hearing impaired is available at 1-888-425-4444.
If you are having technical issues with accessing Healthline by dialing 811, you can call 1-877-800-0002 to be connected with Healthline.
How does HealthLine work?
When you call 811, a licensed health care professional will give you options and information to help you with health related questions or concerns. You will be able to discuss your concerns in a safe, caring and confidential manner.
A registered nurse will assess your symptoms and help you decide whether to treat your own symptoms, go to a clinic, see your primary health care provider or access emergency medical care, if necessary.
HealthLine also provides mental health and addictions support. HealthLine’s registered psychiatric nurses and social workers can offer crisis counseling and strategies to help you manage your situation or give you information about resources in your community.