Habitat for Humanity - Regina
(306) 347 – 4657
Apply For Homeownership
Habitat for Humanity homes are sold to families who need a hand up, not a hand out. Habitat homes are designed to be safe, decent and affordable. Each home is purchased by a partner family, but the family does not make a down payment and each mortgage is interest free. The mortgage payment, including property taxes, is set at 25% of the family’s Gross Annual Household Income, which makes homeownership affordable. These mortgage payments go directly into the Habitat Regina Fund for Humanity to build more homes. This process ensures that Habitat for Humanity Regina can continue to build a world where everyone has a safe, decent and affordable place to live.
Before moving into their new home, each family must complete a minimum of 500 sweat equity hours. These hours provide great memories, as well as the opportunity to showcase their dedication and hard work.
Who Can Apply For A Home?
We encourage everyone who may fall within the following criteria to apply for a Habitat home.:
1. Each family must live in Canada for 3 years and live in Regina for 2 years
2. Each family must have a stable and reliable source of income
3. Each family must have a Gross Annual Household income between $32,000 and $66,500 a year
4. If a family has declared bankruptcy, it must be discharged for at least 2 years
Applications are reviewed and selected based on:
- The Need for Safe, Decent and Affordable Housing
- The Ability to Pay for the home, including the necessary mortgage, property tax, home insurance and home maintenance payments
- The Willingness to Partner, including completing a minimum of 500 sweat equity hours and becoming a public Community Ambassador for Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity Regina adheres to the Saskatchewan Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in applying for Habitat Home, please contact the Manager of Family Services at (306) 347 – 4657 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Habitat for Humanity also operates ReStore:
What is the ReStore?
Habitat for Humanity Regina owns and operates the ReStore in Regina. The ReStore is a retail store that accepts donations of new and used items. Building materials and supplies are donated by manufacturers, stores, and individuals. Items include new and gently used building materials, appliances, cabinetry, sinks, countertops, household and décor items. The ReStore then sells these items to the public at a fraction of the retail cost, typically 40-60% percent less than original cost.
We are constantly receiving new inventory so every trip to the Habitat for Humanity Regina ReStore will be a new experience. Come by often to find a fantastic deal or a one-of-a-kind item.
(If you have household furniture items to donate, Habitat is now able to come and pick up the donations. Call (306) 522-9705 to schedule the pick up).