Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks
The Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks is the centre of expertise in support of the national standards in English and French for describing, measuring and recognizing second language proficiency of adult immigrants and prospective immigrants for living and working in Canada.
English version: Canadian Language Benchmarks
French version: Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens
The Centre promotes their recognition and use as practical, fair and reliable national standards of second language proficiency throughout Canada in educational, training, community and workplace settings.
To be eligible for a free CLBPT assessment, applicants must be:
18 years of age and older
And any ONE of the following:
- Canadian Citizens born outside of Canada
- Permanent Residents
- Convention Refugees/Protected Persons
- Persons in Canada whose applications for Permanent Resident status are being processed in Canada and who have been informed by a letter from Citizenship and
- Immigration Canada of the initial approval of their application subject to an admissibility assessment
- Refugee claimants
- Temporary workers or students who have obtained initial approval for a concurrent Application for Permanent Residence
- Foreign domestic workers admitted under the Live-In Caregiver program
- Canadian language benchmark assessments
Referral to LINC training programs
Users should note that the CLBPT is appropriate for use as a resource to inform personal language learning needs and for goal-setting but CLBPT results should not be the sole factor in determining placement in non-LINC/ESL programs.
CCLB has also developed a flyer to better understand your CLBPT assessment report which can be found here.
Are you looking to get assessed in Regina?
Newcomer Welcome Centre http://reginanewcomercentre.ca/
2332 11th Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 0K1
To download a copy of the Canadian Language Benchmarks for Adult Literacy Learners, click here