Attention Service Providers - Work Experience Pilot for Internationally Trained Newcomer Professionals
ICT has obtained funding through Employment and Social Development Canada’s (ESDC) Foreign Credential Recognition Program (FCRP) to assist 60 internationally trained professionals (ITPs) in select occupations to obtain 3 months of Canadian work experience.
Many newcomer professionals report that even after obtaining their Canadian credential recognition, they still have difficulty finding their first Canadian job due to a lack of Canadian work experience. Across Canada, several different workplace integration pilots are being funded through the FCRP’s Canadian Work Experience Initiative to determine what types of supports are most effective in assisting newcomers obtain Canadian work experience.
Wage subsidy will be offered to eligible employers to offset the extra onboarding costs associated with hiring an ITP with no Canadian work experience.
Candidates who are professionals in Engineering and Health are being referred to this program by their regulatory bodies. Participants will attend an ‘orientation to the profession’ program support before their 3-month work placement starts.
We are looking for 10 potential participants and 10 employers who are interested in participating in this pilot project.
Who to Refer
- are internationally trained professionals (excluding engineers, licensed practical nurses, medical laboratory technologists, medical radiation technologists, paramedics and sonographers: participants in these professions are being identified through the respective regulatory bodies),
- have obtained provisional or full licensure from a Saskatchewan regulatory body,
- are in good standing with the provincial regulator,
- are legally entitled to work, and
- have been unable to obtain or maintain employment in their profession in Saskatchewan.
These participants will not get any additional facilitated program supports prior to the work placement.
How to Refer
Contact Stella Juma-Anderson by calling 306-787-2729 or by emailing Stella.Juma-Anderson@gov.sk.ca
Stella would like to speak with service provider's about the referred client’s profession, the city they live in, when they were licensed, how long they have been looking for work, and if they happen to have a potential employer in mind. No names are required at this time.