Welcoming and Inclusive Communities Project - MCoS (Multicultural Council of Saskatchewan) update
Welcoming and Inclusive Communities (WIC) Project is a Success
Article taken from MCOS Newsletter. Download the MCoS Newsletter here
We (MCoS) want to thank WIC Project Coordinator, Jamal-e-Fatima Rafat, for her dedication and hard work on this project - she truly went above and beyond. We also thank Canada Heritage and the Canada 150 Fund for supporting this project.
Over eighteen months, the impact of the Welcoming and Inclusive Communities project has been far reaching:
- Over 380 Welcome Home 150 Pledges taken;
- Over 20 community events attended;
- 47 trained intercultural facilitators in 10 cities and towns in Saskatchewan;
- 40 new connections made (including sport, culture and recreation districts, municipalities, settlement agencies and immigration gateways);
- 15 new partnerships developed;
- 200 Welcoming and Inclusive Communities Toolkits distributed both in English and French;
- Multiple MCoS and community initiatives supported through participation and funding;
- Four feature magazine articles (SOS Children’s, PINK!, Engage and Urban Voice);
- Television, radio, print and digital advertising as well as media interviews;
- Extensive social media content and advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn); and
- To date, 20 communities who are committing to creating welcoming and inclusive communities have adopted the WIC Toolkit and its ideas.