Volunteers are needed for the Ehrlo Soccer League - running July 4 to mid-August 2018!
Do you enjoy soccer? Are you a soccer player, coach, or community member who wants to 'give back' to the community? Volunteers are needed for Ehrho's summer Soccer League program!
We believe that everyone should have the right to play. So our mission is a simple one – Ehrlo Sport Venture Program (Sport Venture) works to provide inner-city youth and families with control of, and access to, a variety of recreational programs
The Ehrlo Soccer League operates a free drop-in community recreational Soccer league for youth ages 6-16.
All of the SportVenture leagues are staffed by volunteers.
They function as coaches, equipment runners, and so much more.
Coaches create and execute weekly practice plans, teach skills and function as contacts for players.
Assistant coaches are right-hand men for coaches and step up to act as head coach in the event of a coach’s absence.
Volunteers are required for various age groups. Practises are Tuesdays, games are Wednesdays.
Official kick-off is July 4th, and it will run every week until August 15th!
Ehrlo Soccer League (ESL) is offered by SportVenture Programs:
- Equipment provided for players
- Transportation provided if neeeded
- Wednesday games weekly - July 4 to Aug 15
- Tuesday practises weekly
- Windup Tournament August 15 at Realtors Park East (6-8 pm)
- 3 fields in the city
Parkdale Park 901 Princess St 4:00 - 5:00 (Atom only)
Realtors Park East Field Sunset Drive and Montague Street 6:00 - 7:00 (Atom) 7:00 - 8:00 (Bantam)
Gocki Park Core Community Centre - 445 14th Ave 6:00 - 7:00 (Atom) 7:00 - 8:00 (Bantam)
What’s required to volunteer at Sport Venture?
- All volunteers must submit an application form prior to beginning volunteer service.
- All volunteers (over the age of 18) require a current criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector check, in order to volunteer with Ranch Ehrlo Society. Criminal record checks must be current within six months of the volunteer’s start date. Those volunteers not receiving credit for their services (i.e. course requirement) may receive a letter from Volunteer Services which allows them to avoid processing fees for their criminal record check. Please inquire with the manager of Volunteer Services before getting your criminal record check done if you require such a letter.
- All volunteers must, at minimum, complete an oath of confidentiality prior to beginning services. In many cases, volunteers must complete additional paperwork and attend an orientation as part of their volunteer screening and training.
- Please contact Volunteer Services for complete application details.
- Volunteers are needed on an ongoing basis, as all the programs are run by community volunteers.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please download an application and send it to or phone 306- 751-4529.
Child and Youth Registration for ESL is now open! Register now!
Contact Ehrlo sport Venture at:
- (p) 306-751-2411
- (f) 306-751-2410
If transportation is needed for players, please call Sport Venture at least 2 hours before practice to arrange a ride.