Refugee Private Sponsorship Workshop - Saskatoon, September 19th
The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) are hosting workshops in September 2018 for individuals interested in submitting applications under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) program (as a Group of Five or a Community Sponsor, and sponsoring refugees through the Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) program).
There will be one session in Saskatchewan, held in Saskatoon on Wednesday, September 19th from 5:00-8:15pm.
Attendees will learn about:
- How to complete the new application forms released on May 01, 2018;
- The new requirements for Groups of Five and Community Sponsors that came into effect on May 01, 2018;
- How IRCC processes PSR applications submitted by Groups of Five and Community Sponsors;
- IRCC’s post-arrival financial and settlement support standards for PSR applications;
- IRCC’s monitoring and assurance framework for PSR applications;
- How Groups of Five and Community Sponsors can sponsor refugees identified for resettlement by IRCC and UNHCR through the BVOR program.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to provide feedback to IRCC on the new forms and requirements.
*Note that IRCC will not be answering any questions on PSR applications that are currently being processed, or have been refused, by ROC-O or Visa Offices abroad.
Space is limited and all attendees are required to register using the following link.