Parent Advisory Committee Looking for Newcomers to Join
Regina's Early Years Family Centres provide programs and services to all parents and caregivers of children newborn to age six.
They would like for their Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) to be representative of Regina's diverse residents, which includes immigrant and refugee parents. If you are interested in bringing your voice to their advisory committee, keep reading to find out more about the roles of the PAC and how you can help!
The purpose of a Parent Advisory Committee is to ensure that parents of children attending the centre have the opportunity to ask questions, express concerns and share suggestions with the board governing the child care centre.
Some of the roles & responsibilities are listed below:
• Help the Early Years Family Centres (EYFC) expandtheirreach within the community.
• Provide advice and be a voice for families on programming ideas/options within the centre.
• Increase parent involvement within the Centres.
• Understand and promote programming and services within the EYFC.
• Participate in quarterly meeting (or more as required).
• Not financially or legally responsible for EYFC operations.
• Provide a voice for parents by making recommendations, bringing forward concerns and ideas on behalf of parents.
If you are interested in joining the EYFC Parent Advisory Table, contact firstname.lastname@example.org