NEWSTARS! Free Seniors' Program (50 and older) at RIWC - Regina Immigrant Women Centre
NEWSTARS - Free Program for Newcomer Seniors - Men and Women (50+)
'Newcomer Seniors in Touch with Activities and Recreation through Supports' (NEWSTARS)
The program connects newcomer seniors to their community by encouraging cross-cultural interaction through recreational activities and workshops.
The free program includes workshops covering topics such as:
- Conversation circles to bring newcomer seniors together to learn about Canadian culture and encourage a positive, healthy lifestyle
- Specialized workshops focused on community supports and how to access them
- Recreational community activities (field trips, yoga, internet and computer skills, social club, English for daily conversation, gardening club, etc.)
- Health Awareness, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Interpretation services for clients with limited English
50 years of age or over
This program is available to both men and women
Program Location: Regina Immigrant Women Centre
1801 Toronto Street
Regina, SK S4P 1M7
Some workshops will take place at community locations.
Program and workshop times will vary each month.
For more information regarding workshop times, or to register, please contact:
Regina Immigrant Women Centre, 1801 Toronto Street, Regina