Newcomer News Issue #11
The Winter 2020 Newcomer News is now available!
Newcomer News is issued quarterly and highlights local programs, initiatives and resources relevant to newcomers in Regina. It is geared to all English learner levels and can be translated into many languages, by clicking on the Google Translate button on our website.
This issue highlights these Regina programs:
• Kids Help Phone – a free, confidential phone and online counselling service for youth.
• Be Ready App – an app to help you prepare for an emergency, from the Canadian Red Cross.
• Saskatchewan Oral Health Coalition – information about taking care of your mouth and teeth, for all ages.
• Literacy Book Club – a program at the Regina Public Library for adult EAL learners.
• RECreate YQR – a free, drop-in after school program for children kindergarten to grade 8.
• A Free Used Clothing and Small Household Items Program – available at Lakeview United Church.
• Friendly Phone Program – a Canadian Red Cross Program to help reduce social isolation of older adults.
• SHIFT – a free, walk-in emotional counselling service.
The entire newsletter can be viewed on the RRLIP website or by clicking here.
Earlier Newcomer News editions can be found on the RRLIP webiste or by clicking here.