Join 'The Coldest Night of the Year' event in Regina - Feb 24
The Coldest Night of the Year!
Coldest Night of the Year is a nationwide event organized to bring awareness and raise funds to support homelessness and poverty programs in Canada.
The YWCA is excited to be leading the Regina Coldest Night of the Year event on February 24, 2018.
This fun and family-friendly event will take place in downtown Regina, starting and ending at St. Paul’s Cathedral. Participants will walk either 2km, 5km, or 10km through the Downtown and Heritage neighbourhoods.
It will be a cold but entertaining walk with interactive information about the reality of family homelessness in Regina.
Money raised will help YWCA Regina programs bring hundreds of women and children in from the cold.
Our shelters are at maximum capacity and in 2016 My Aunt’s Place (Regina’s only 24-hour emergency homeless shelter for women) turned away 1161 women and 412 children due to lack of space.
Funds raised at Coldest Night of the Year will help us to shelter more women and children in need.
We hope you will join us as either a team captain or a team member.
To register a team and get started, or to join an existing team, make a donation, or find out more information, please visit: https://cnoy.org/location/regina
4 pm - Registration opens
5 pm - Opening Ceremonies
5:15 pm - Walk begins (all distances)
6 pm - Registration closes
6pm - Meal service begins
8 pm - Route closes, meal service ends
Between 6:00 and 8:00 pm a warm, light meal will be served to all walkers and volunteers.
Registration opens at 4:00 pm. All walkers must check-in and sign a waiver form before participating.
Please come prepared with:
- All cash and cheques payable to "Coldest Night of the Year"
- Pledge sheet with all donor data filled out completely and neatly OR
- Post all pledges of cash and cheques online in your personal fundraising page and print off the "My Results Form" and bring with cash or cheques.
- Bring a signed Waiver Form available online under TOOLS / FORMS on the main CNOY site.
11-17 - Youth (pay $25 or raise minimum of $75)
18+ - Adult (pay $25 or raise minimum of $150)
The toque is for anyone who pays the fee or raises the minimum
Registration Fee increases to $40 effective Monday, February 19th
- any cash or cheques made out to "Coldest Night of the Year"
- a completed pledge form or "My Results Form" to match the cash or cheques
- a signed waiver form
- good walking waterproof shoes/boots
- warm coat & mitts
Come prepared while keeping an eye on the expected weather.
Further questions, feel free to get in touch with Julie Gobeil, the Event Coordinator: