Interim Pathway for Caregivers - Deadline to Apply for PR is June 4th
Caregivers who came to Canada to provide care to Canadian families, in the hope of eventually transitioning to becoming a permanent residents should apply to the Interim Pathway for Caregivers by Tuesday, June 4th.
Caregivers who have been working in Canada temporarily but who have not qualified for any other current caregiver program are encouraged to review the criteria and begin working on their applications so that they don’t miss the June 4 deadline.
Criteria of the Interim Pathway for Caregivers include:
• a valid work permit
• 1 year of work experience as a home childcare provider or home support worker, or a combination of experience in both occupations
• a minimum Canadian Language Benchmark 5 level in reading, writing, listening and speaking in English or French
• a foreign equivalent or Canadian high school diploma
• if you can’t get your Educational Credential Assessment before the deadline, you must provide proof that you’ve applied to get one
• if you can't get your language test results in time before the deadline, you must show proof of an appointment to take the test along with the date
Applications for permanent residence through the IPC will be processed in 12 months and there is no cap on the number of caregivers, (along with their spouses/common-law partners and dependent children), who will be accepted.
For more information, you can read the entire Government issued release here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2019/03/interim-pathway-for-caregivers-in-canada-now-open.html