Information Technology Certificate Course - Registration Open!
ComIT is offering a free Certificate Program that will teach programming, soft skills and professional development to young people interested in working in the Information Technology field.
This program targets the requirements of the local labor market, providing the necessary tools for course graduates to obtain employment in the field.
ComIT does not guarantee employment after course completion, but its recent project in Saskatoon resulted in 17 out of the 24 graduates becaming employed in the IT field!
Certificate Course Details:
• Start Date is March 4th, 2019.
• The course is 3 months long and runs in the evenings (Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.)
• The course will take place at Innovation Place, at the University of Regina.
• Only 25 to 30 registrants will be accepted in the course.
• Be sure to register as soon as possible as once registration limits are met for the Regina course, no other applicants will be accepted for the March 4th start date.
• There is no cost to attend.
In order to be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- currently unemployed or underemployed
- have a need to obtain employment right away
- have secondary school completed or few subjects remaining to finish it
- be between 18 and 40 years old
- have an interest or experience in IT
- be motivated and willing to commit to the training
How to Register: Individuals can access the registration form here - http://www.comit.org/subscribe
Please know that as a non-profit, ComIT receives funding from various sources and the dollars they receive for each successful applicant to attend must be called a scholarship.
If you have questions, you can read the FAQ section here: http://www.comit.org/faq Or follow-up with your local Employment Service Provider.