HELP Award Grant Deadline - Nov 30th
Regina Home Economics for Living Project (HELP) has a new grant application deadline.
The goal of the award is to support local, community-based projects aimed at significantly improving the well-being and health of women, children and families.
Grants totaling $5000 are available. More than one award of lesser value may be awarded.
1. The project is to be related to healthy eating, food preparation and shopping skills and/or family finance.
2. Projects for at-risk clients will be given a higher priority. At-risk will be defined as low income, low literacy or limited education.
3. At least one individual delivering the project must be a resident of Saskatchewan and have a background in: Home Economics, Dietetics, Home Economics Teaching, Family Studies or Other Professions in a Home Economics Field.
4. Projects may include resource development or adaptation of a resource to be used in the delivery of the project.
5. This Award is open to individuals and/or organizations in the province of Saskatchewan.
6. Community Based Organization Applicants must:
* Partner with an individual or group for project delivery that represents the Professional designations listed in #3 above.
* Be located in Saskatchewan
7. Individual Applicants to the Regina HELP Award Must:
* Partner with a local community based organization for project delivery
* Provide a letter of support from the partnering Organization (attach in email)
* Reside in Saskatchewan
PROJECT EXAMPLES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Summer nutrition camp for children or youth
- Senior men's cooking
- Healthy food selection and preparation for young families
- Budgeting for individuals or families
- Feeding your pre-school child
- Kitchen smarts for newcomers unfamiliar with western cooking
- Shopping in a Canadian grocery store
- Cooking for special dietary needs
**DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOVEMBER 30**
To obtain an application, email