SK Employment Standards - Free Webinar Series
Beginning October 3, 2018, the Employment Standards Division of the Ministry of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety will host a series of free webinars for Saskatchewan employers, employees and organizations.
The webinar series will cover a variety of topics about Saskatchewan’s Employment Standards laws including:
- banking time
- modified work arrangements
- and more!
Each webinar will begin at 1:30pm and take approximately 45 minutes to an hour, including time at the end for questions.
This information can be shared with managers, payroll administrators, human resource consultants, supervisors, employees themselves and any others who could benefit from a greater understanding of employment standards in Saskatchewan.
To register for each webinar just click on the registration link below. The link will take you directly to the GoToWebinar registration form.
- October 3, 2018 - Webinar Topic: Overtime Rules
This webinar will cover the basic overtime rules in Saskatchewan, including when overtime is earned, as well as exemptions and special rules.
- October 17, 2018 - Webinar Topic: Overview of Employment Standards https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1498988783419756035
This webinar provides an overview of the basic rules of employment under Part II of The Saskatchewan Employment Act: Employment Standards. We will discuss the rules governing pay, hours of work, vacations, public holidays, leaves, payroll records, ending employment, and administration.
- October 31, 2018 - Webinar Topic: Setting up Modified Work Arrangements https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6763812196542596610
This webinar discusses the rules for setting up modified work arrangements (MWAs). We will also cover when permits are required.
- November 7, 2018 - Webinar Topic: Applying for an Averaging of Hours Permit https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/29733385461929731
This webinar discusses the rules for obtaining averaging of hours permits. We will also discuss permits to vary the days of rest rules to allow employees and employers to work longer hours in one part of an averaging period in return for more time off in another part of the averaging period.
- November 21, 2018 - Webinar Topic: Setting up Time Banks
This webinar discusses the rules around setting up a time bank (overtime bank) agreement between an employer and an employee. This includes what must be in an agreement, how overtime hours must be banked and used, and payouts.
- December 5, 2018 - Webinar Topic: Schedules and Hours of Work https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7334549990819929858
This webinar is to help you understand the rules around scheduling and hours of work. We will discuss the application of “week” and “day,” schedules, and how the rules can be changed by using modified work arrangements and permits.
- December 19, 2018 - Webinar Topic: Public Holiday and Premium Pay https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8361439975112577793
This webinar discusses public holidays in Saskatchewan, public holiday pay, premium pay for work on a public holiday, and special rules that apply to certain employees.
Employment Standards also offers in person presentations or custom webinars upon request.
For more information contact the LRWS Webinar Team ( ) or visit www.saskatchewan.ca/business/employment-standards